General Terms and Conditions
Prices and Terms
Microscopy Solutions source products direct from the manufacturer and pass the savings on to the customer. Online prices are current, in Australian dollars (AU$) exclusive of GST (10%). All Australian orders are charged GST (10%). Orders shipped to an Australian address are considered Australian regardless of final destination. Standard Orders for delivery within Australia incur a $22.00 shipping charge. Urgent Orders for delivery within Australia will incur additional freight costs. The minimum order amount is $140.00. If you need to split your order but the sum is $140.00 or more for the same shipment please contact us on case by case basis.
Legally eligible institutions which are exempt from paying GST in Australia are advised to contact us after creating an account. We will need to verify the GST exemption and adjust account accordingly.
All orders must be received in writing (email) or online. This minimises any confusion and provides a record in the event that a transaction is disputed. An order confirmation will be normally sent out within 1 business day of receiving your order. If you do not receive this confirmation, then you can assume your order has not been received. Orders must include all contact information (Institution/Company, Contact person, email, phone number) and delivery address.
Microscopy Solutions accepts payment by MasterCard or Visa, Direct bank transfer and PayPal. When paying using a credit card please ensure that your order includes card holder’s name, card number, 3 digit security code (CVV) and expiry date. If you place an order using Direct bank transfer, we will send you an invoice with payment options. Shipment will be made once payment is received, which must be with 30 days of being invoiced.
To simplify shipment charges for consumables we charge only one fee for per shipment. Regular shipments in Australia cost $22 and express shipments upon request. For standard shipments to New Zealand it is $22. The size of the shipment doesn’t matter.
For custom made solutions or products that don’t have a price available online a case by case shipment costs will be calculated and added to the final cost.
Normally you should receive your order (if not specifically stated) about 3 weeks after your payment entered our system. In urgent cases please contact us directly and we will do our best to accelerate your goods (if extra cost is occurring you will be informed up front to be able to decide).
COVID-19 Update: Please note that due to the current pandemic shipping may take up to an additional week. If your purchase is urgent, please email us before purchase to arrange express shipping.
Cancelling an Order & Refund
Customers are entitled to cancel an order before order has been processed and shipment has commenced. Cancellation after shipment will incur redirecting costs and restocking costs. Cancellation of custom made products is not possible once order has been received.
Items not eligible for cancellation or return:
- Special orders
- Goods specifically purchased or made for Client
- Uncommon goods
- Sales items and overstock
In the event of order cancellation, the client is obliged to pay 20% of the order value. In addition the transportation costs of the return shipment to be invoiced to the Client.
All products in this catalogue are guaranteed as advertised. Defective products should be returned for replacement or credit. Always contact us immediately if item is faulty, and before returning items. See also the ACCC Repair, replace, refund guidelines: https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers/consumer-rights-guarantees/repair-replace-refund
All items/products are intended for laboratory applications and the user assumes all responsibility involved in the use of these products. We accept no liability for loss or damage resulting in the use or abuse of the products we supply.
Privacy & cookies
Microscopy Solutions will not pass on any customer information to third parties at any time.
- Microscopy Solutions Pty Ltd will store the details and information that the Client provides to Microscopy Solutions Pty Ltd carefully and confidentially.
- When visiting our website Microscopy Solutions Pty Ltd can collect the information on the use of the website of the Client through cookies.
- The information that Microscopy Solutions Pty Ltd collects through cookies can be used for functional and analytical purposes.
- Microscopy Solutions Pty Ltd may only use the personal details of the Client within the framework of the implementation of its obligation to supply, or of dealing with a complaint
- Microscopy Solutions Pty Ltd is not permitted to lend out, hire out or sell the personal details of the Client, or to publicise them in any other manner.
- If Microscopy Solutions Pty Ltd is obliged to provide confidential information to third parties by virtue of a legal provision or court decision, and Microscopy Solutions Pty Ltd cannot claim a legal right of immunity, or such a right recognised or permitted by the competent court in this respect, then Microscopy Solutions Pty Ltd is not liable to pay compensation or grant indemnification. The Client is also not entitled to terminate the Contract by reason of any damage arising in this way.
- The Client agrees that Microscopy Solutions Pty Ltd may approach the Client for statistical or customer satisfaction research. If the Client does not wish to be approached for research, the Client may make this known.
- Microscopy Solutions Pty Ltd reserves the right to utilise the other details of the Client in anonymous form for (statistical) research and databases.
Both Microscopy Solutions Pty Ltd and the Client are obliged, both for the duration of and after the termination of the Contract, to maintain confidentiality regarding all facts and particulars concerning the business which they know or can reasonably suspect are confidential. This duty of confidentiality also includes all details of employees, clients, commissioning bodies and other business contacts which are learned of by reason of the Assignment.
Credit card details are never stored or processed by our website. They are processed, according to the customer choice, over the PayPal or over the National Australia Bank Limited eCommerce Merchant Services.