EM-Tec PH90 versatile off-set and 90 degrees sample holder kit
90 Degrees sample holder kit
Mix and Match
1- 90 degrees holder for needle type samples
2- 90 degrees holder for pin stubs
3- 90 degrees holder for Hitachi stubs
4- Off-set strip for Hitachi stubs
5- Off-set strip for Hitachi stubs
The EM-Tec PH90 versatile off-set and 90° sample holder kit allows for imaging samples and samples mounted on sample stubs directly under 90° tilt w/o disturbing background. The 90° sample holder kit has a low profile and small volume to reduce interference with detectors. With the 90° pre-tilt there is no need to tilt the SEM stage (which often runs into limitations on high tilt angles); the 90° sample holder kit avoids those limitations. The 90° mounted stub or sample can be easily rotated in the 90° block to enable quick changes of viewing angles.
The off-set strip brings the 90° holder away from the centre of the sample stage. As a result, a sample or sample stub mounted at 90° is positioned closer to the center of the stage which allows for easy rotation of the sample (in the X-Y plane). Also very useful for table-top SEMs which have been configured with simple sample stages lacking tilt and rotation.
90 Degrees sample imaging
An additional feature of the 90° holder is the ability to accept a needle with a shaft diameter up to 3.2mm. Samples can be mounted on the needle and easily imaged form different angle by manually rotating the needle in the holder. Due to the long distance from sample to sample stage, there are hardly disturbing background features. To fully reduce background signal, you could place a silicon wafer or carbon disc on the off-set strip directly underneath the sample. The vertical distance to the center of the stub connection is 16mm which makes this holder kit compatible with pin stubs and Hitachi M4 stubs up to 32mm diameter.
EM-Tec PH90 sample holder kit items and configurations
The EM-Tec PH90 versatile off-set and 90° sample holder comprises the following items:
- 1 x 12-000366 off-set strip with 23mm off-set distance
- 1 x 12-000367 90° sample holder block
- 2 x 11-000116 short pin stub to M4 adapter
- 2 x 11-000119 standard pin stub to M4 adapter
- 1 x 00-811302 Allen key 1.5mm
The EM-Tec PH90 versatile off-set and 90° sample holder kit is truly versatile and fully compatible with all standard SEMs such as FEI and Tescan, Zeiss SEMs with short pin, Hitachi SEMs and with the EM-Tec SEM stage adapters system. For use on JEOL SEMs, a JEOL pin stub adapter needs to be used. It can be used in a large variety of configurations included (but not limited too):
- off-set strip for pin stubs
- 90° holder for pin stubs or pin stub holders with off-set strip
- 90° holder for pin stubs w/o off-set strip
- 90° holder for needle type samples with a maximum diameter of 3.2mm
- off-set strip for Hitachi stubs
- 90° holder for Hitachi stubs or M4 threaded sample holders with off-set strip
- 90° holder for Hitachi stubs w/o off-set strip
- connect multiple kits together for longer off-set distances and different angles
Overall size of the compact EM-Tec PH90 versatile off-set and 90° sample holder is only 36x25x12.7mm.
Off-set sample strip dimensions are: 36x12.7x5mm.
90° sample holder dimensions are: 12.7x12.7x20mm
The EM-Tec versatile off-set and 90° holder kit is fully compatible with the following SEMs:
- SEMs using pin stubs; FEI, Philips, Tescan, Aspex, RJLee, AmRay, Cambridge Instruments, Leica, CamScan, ETEC and Novascan SEMs.
- Zeiss SEM and FIB systems
- Hitachi SEMs using M4 threaded screw
- EM-Tec SEM stage adapters with M4 threaded screw
- JEOL SEMs when using a stub adapter with M4 screw
Technical Support Note: TBS EM-Tec PH90 versatile off-set and 90 degrees sample holder kit